Finally! Drugstore Foundations that WORK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.
Alright ladies, who else has a problem finding good foundation from the drug store? I have been on a quest since the eighth grade to find a drugstore foundation that actually compares to ones sold at Sephora, Mac, etc. Usually they turn out to be the wrong color (or turn the wrong color throughout the day) or they apply too heavily for everyday use. Well, I have the answer to this question and it is a big YES!

Two foundations from Maybelline have come out that compare to the pricy foundation I was using before. They are the Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation and the Fit Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation
The Dream Wonder foundation has to be my all time favorite drug store foundation ever. When you apply it to your face, it turns from a liquid feeling to almost a silicone feeling, then it feels like nothing! It gives amazing coverage for everyday while still hiding your problem areas – I would say medium coverage. My favorite way to apply this foundation is with a Sigma F80 kabuki brush because the synthetic bristles allow for flawless an even application. I am officially in love with this foundation and will be repurchasing it again and again.

The Fit Me! foundation is also a really good drugstore purchase! It gives much more coverage than the Dream Wonder and is definitely matte. I have not tried the alternative “dewy” Fit Me! one, but I have also heard it is worth a try. This goes on more like a typical foundation, but sets beautifully. I also like to apply this with a Sigma F80, but I spray it with Mac Fix + before applying the product to my face – this gives a more natural finish than matte. Also, a damp Beauty Blender works great for applying this. BEWARE if you have any dry patches, this foundation will stick to them, so make sure to moisturize before using it! 

Overall, these are great foundations from the drug store and they are both under $10! If you want to know how to find your color in drugstore foundation (or any), check out this video by YouTuber Michelle Phan! happy hunting!

Hi there! My name is Soleil Borda and I mainly write about all things beauty! Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials and all sorts of fun stuff :)
Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.