Everyone Should Love Goat Cheese — Recipe #1

Avocado has been a crowd favorite for a few years now. There are other healthy fats on the market that are undervalued and deserve some equal recognition. Goat cheese is a cheese that often gets a bad rap, but trust me, don’t smack it until you’ve tried it. 

This recipe is golden for trying out this heavenly combination. If you still don’t like goat cheese after this recipe, sorry, but we’ve got more where this came from!

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

10 ounces (285 g) — Penne Pasta

2 — Large Avocados, Peeled and Pit Removed

2 ounces (50 g)— Goat Cheese

2 clove — Garlic

1 — Lemon, Juiced

1/4 cup (14 g) — Basil Leaves

1 cup (200 g) — Grape Tomatoes, Cut in Halves

To Taste — Salt and Black Pepper

(Optional) Balsamic Glaze

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and cook pasta until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
  1. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a food processor, add avocados, goat cheese, garlic, lemon juice and basil. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
  1. Drain the pasta and pour it into a large bowl. Add the avocado goat cheese sauce to the pasta and stir until pasta is well coated. Add the tomatoes, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod

MaryCate (she/her/hers) is a Senior International Studies major with a concentration in the Environment & Development and minors in African Studies and French Studies at the University of San Francisco. MaryCate is Campus Correspondent of HC at USFCA. She loves traveling, baking and all things related to coffee. While in San Francisco, you can find MaryCate getting brunch with her friends or indoor rock climbing in the Presidio. While not in San Francisco, MaryCate is frequently passing time at home with her parents in France or traveling anywhere, when safe.