Delvin Hodges ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Name: Delvin Hodges

Major/Year: Sophomore Politics major

Hometown: Memphis, Tennessee

Spirit Animal: Cheetah because cheetahs are fast and furious and I’m a fast and furious bi***

Go to song at the moment: Runaway (U & I)- Galantis

What are your involvement on campus: I am on ASUSF senate as the LGBTQ representative. I am also apart of alpha Psi Omega and I am a member of PAWS. I like being involved on campus and connecting with different groups of people.

I know that you are very active in all of your involvements on campus so I want to ask you, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?: Basically I like to chill. I like going into the park on a nice day and having a picnic with my friends. If it’s later in the day I like to go to the movies and watch the latest released movie.

Where is one place in San francisco that you would recommend everyone go?: Because I love food and I feel like food brings happiness I would recommend this restaurant called herbivore. It’s a vegan restaurant in the mission on 21st & Valencia . This place is so good, I bring my “Meat Eater” friends here and they love it as much as I do.

Can you speak about some differences you see from your hometown of memphis and San Francisco?: The culture of the cities is very different. People In memphis are really nice like the southern hospitality is real. Memphis is really spread out and I actually like that about Memphis because everything has it’s place. Living is a huge difference, in Memphis you have a front yard, backyard, side yard. Here in the city you literally live on top of each other. That is the only thing I don’t like about San Francisco but I do appreciate that I can take public transportation anywhere in the city, you can walk anywhere, you can bike anywhere. Of course I miss the food back in Memphis I mean southern food!

If you could tell USF anything about you, what would it be?: I’m very friendly and outgoing. I can talk to anyone. I am very understanding and good at giving advice. So come talk to me. Also Beyonce is queen, I think in my mind I embody beyonce and no one can tell me otherwise. 

" I'm as unique as my name"Sophomore Communication Studies major with a minor in Journalism/ African American studies. 
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!