This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Now we know that April showers bring May finals. While we love the Month of may and everything that is gives us:

• Mother’s Day
  • End of the Semester
  • Kentucky Derby
  • Memorial Day
  • National Burger Day

Sometimes May gives us the dreaded:

FINALS!

So here are three tips to getting you through finals….

Plan a Break!

While we like to think that pulling an all nighter or working seven hours straight is proof of being productive, sometimes it’s not. Your brain needs to process the information and relax. Plan a 10-30 minute break, where you get up and walk away from studying. Listen to music, scroll on social media, walk around the room. Anything that allows your brain to relax from the strain of studying. Not only will your brain be thankful, so will your eyes and body that often becomes strained and stiff from sitting in one position for too long.

Play a Game!

Turn studying into fun! Studying does not have to be boring time of sitting in the library 7 hours straight (unless you prefer that.). Make flashcards, create a crossword, and even bring your friends into the mix of turning it into a friendly competition. There are tons of websites and resources that can automatically create templates using your material to create a game, or ways to turn your material into a game. Lumosity and Filament Games are just a few and not only is there a website but a app as well!

REST! REST! REST!

Rest is the most important part of studying. Your body needs to sleep to repair itself. Overworking your system will only lead to burnout. Being burnout is no fun and actually hinders your ability to study and retain pertinent knowledge. Make sure you plan carefully to allow yourself at least a health 7-8 hours of sound sleep at night. Limit the amounts that you take during the day and past 3 pm as it can make it hard for you to sleep at night and throw off your regular sleeping pattern.

Best of Luck!

I am the lucky descent of the Pisces Zodiac. Which by default makes me an escapist; which could explain why at a young age that I found my love for books. Starting with Junie B. Jones to House of Night and the beyond. I tend to find myself often debating society’s idiocy and fighting for bed space with my cat. (Currently we’re not on speaking terms.) Or bae watching, (Louis Tomlinson or Henry Cavilli any day. Just yum.) internet suffering, playing visual novels, or exploring the world.
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!