Daily Skin Routine to Combat Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Daily Skin Routine To Combat Midterms Season

We all know the horror that is midterms and overdue assignments, and when these times come, we can’t help but give into the stress. Stress is your skin’s worst enemy, and I am definitely guilty of breaking out almost every exam season. Luckily, after many years of being a student, I can safely share some tips and tricks and most importantly, a skin routine that you can use daily to combat tired, stressed out skin!

1. Cleanser / Face Wash. Start off using a cleanser that’s suitable for your skin type and massage softly onto the face. I recommend using Kiehl’s products (I’ve been devoted to Kiehl’s for 2 years now) because their brand started off as a pharmacy and specialize in skincare. They have cleansers for all skin types and offer skin tests in store!
  2. Exfoliate. This is an optional step, but you can definitely use an exfoliator for smoother and brighter-looking skin. The exfoliator I am currently in love with is Mizon’s Apple Smoothie Peeling Gel and it leaves my skin feeling baby-smooth whenever I use it. However, it is recommended that you exfoliate no more than twice a week.
  3. Toner. Next, pour a decent amount of toner onto a cotton pad and apply to acne-prone and oily areas in circular motions. This will help remove any excess dirt or leftover makeup remaining on your face and prepare your skin to absorb the moisturizer.
  4. Essence / Serum. This step is also sometimes considered optional. If you have dry skin, this step would provide another moisturizing layer to prevent cracks and dry spots, but it could be too much if you’re on the oily side.
  5. Moisturizer. Lastly, apply a generous amount of moisturizer (since it’s San Francisco and the wind is hella unrelenting). Pat your face lightly with your fingers so the skin can absorb enough of the moisturizer.
  6. Extra Care. This step is completely optional, but if there are specific spots or areas you want to pay more attention to, you certainly can!   Hopefully with this skincare routine, you can have a less stressful midterms season and keep your skin looking healthy and fresh!   
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!