Campaign Cutie for President: Larry Figueroa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.
Name: Larry Figueroa
Year: 2017    
Major: Advertising
Hometown: Orange County, California 
Relationship Status: $INGLE

How would you describe the dating scene here at USF?
I’d say USF dating scene is Tinder. In terms of dating, I feel that students here keep it relatively private. I think students here try to avoid dating other USF students because our school is so small (awkward, amirite).

Are you a Tinderer? Why or why not?
I don’t have a tinder and I don’t really know why I don’t. I’m probably going to make one after this interview, holla at ya boy.

What do you look for in a significant other?
A girl who is ambitious, has a sense of humor and a positive attitude.

Tell us a little bit about your experience thus far in ASUSF senate. 
Being a part of Senate has definitely been a unique experience to say the least. It has been humbling to work everyday alongside some of the greatest, hardworking and loving people who genuinely have a passion for serving the greater USF community. Senate has allowed me the opportunity to grow and learn more about myself than I ever would anywhere else. 

What made you decide/want to run for President?
I always knew that I wanted to someday run for President. I didn’t envision myself running as a sophomore because traditionally it’s a senior who is president. However, as this year came closer to Spring Elections I felt a duty to not only the student body but our senate to step into this role. Senate in the past few years has made great improvements in so many aspects. I have been so proud of the work that Senate has done and right now we are moving in the right direction. Being a part of the Executive Board this year, I know where we envision Senate to be years from now. Although I have a lot of experience with Senate, the reason why I feel I can do the job isn’t primarily because I have experience but rather because I genuinely love the students at USF as well as the Senate. I want nothing more than to see our Senate serve the students in the best possible way and I will never give up on that vision no matter how ambitious it might be.

What’s your favorite thing about USF?
THE PEOPLE. If I could marry everyone at USF, I would.

What are some goals you have for USF’s student body?
I have a ton of goals for our student body. Collaborative efforts among student orgs. Create more opportunities for student expression. Develop better means of publicity. More on campus activities. Better attendance at campus events. Increased voter turnout. Higher retention rate. Create a stronger sense of comradery and unity. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 
Living the plot of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. in Orange County working in an Ad agency. I also see myself with a dog because my parents won’t get me one and by that time I can do whatever I want so I’d want to get a dog at some point.

Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!