Style > Beauty

A Glimpse Into Sweet Chef’s Carrot Ginger Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

From the Her Campus x Sweet Chef Campaign, I received the Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser and the Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches. I have primarily dry skin, with the typical oily spots (the t-zone generally). I didn’t realize this until recently, as we are often taught that when you’re in your teens and early 20s, your skin is bound to be oily. It has been a journey to find skincare that actually works for me, as I also have an allergy to an extremely common moisturizing agent, Vitamin E. However, when I added these products to my routine, I truly felt great. As someone who has always been on the search for the middle ground between natural and effective products, these may just be the key.

Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser

This foaming cleanser lathers beautifully and washes off without leaving any sort of casting or sticky residue. I did fear as I used the product that it would dry my skin, as Salicylic Acid does for many drier skinned individuals, but after my face was dry and I put on my Hyaluronic Acid based moisturizer, my skin felt clean and supple.

Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches

In a way, talking about pimple patches does feel to be a bit of a cliché right now as they are everywhere. However, these ones truly work well and don’t make your skin feel gross or get pulled at as you take them off. After just a few uses, I could already see how the carrot and ginger were making their impacts, so I am excited to see the long-term action that these patches can have on any acne spots!

After trying out these products, I am excited to try out more of what Sweet Chef has to offer! Knowing another good, reliable cruelty-free skincare line is definitely a positive, and I can’t wait to try more.

MaryCate (she/her) is a graduate of the University of San Francisco with a BA in International Studies. MaryCate is now a Master's student at Sciences Po in Paris, France studying European Affairs and Global Health.