9 Times Iggy Azalea Understood College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Although she’s been heavily criticized and scrutinized by the media–and the fact that she isn’t the best at freestyling doesn’t really help–Iggy Azalea tells it like it is, and we’ve gotta give her credit for that. In fact, a lot of what she says is actually more relevant to us collegiettes than you might have considered. Here are nine times Iggy understand us perfectly:

1. “Fuck love give me diamonds.”

-Fuck Love

This is so true. As much as we would like to have a boyfriend, material possessions can be so much better in so many ways. They’ll never leave you or cheat on you, and when you get tired of them you can sell them back to Crossroads for store credit!

2. “Takin’ all the liquor straight, never chase that”

-Fancy

That’s right, experienced college drinkers really don’t need chasers! Way to hit the nail on the head, Iggy.

3. “I should have known you were bad news/From the bad boy demeanor and the tattoos”

-Trouble

We’ve all gotten involved with our share of bad boys, or at least crushed on one (or more!)! 

4. When she tweeted this:

Every college class has at least one person this applies to…

5. “It gets worse before its better, that storm you gone have to weather/Either be a busted pipe or a diamond due to this pressure.”

-Impossible is Nothing

What we tell ourselves when we’re so stressed and have so much to do that we don’t even know where to begin.

6. And this gif:

…the struggle of finals week. 

7. “So stop popping up unexpected/Stop sending threats and text messages/We too grown for this messy shit/This will be my last conversation/If you don’t want no problems, move yourself from the equation.”

-New Bitch

Iggy summed up exactly what you’d like to say to that one girl you’ve hated since freshman year…

8. She’s even cultivated a taste for sweatpants:

9. And she’s a huge fan of snacking, every college student’s favortie hobby!

We love you, Iggy! You keep doing you!

Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.