sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Amazing Disney Channel Original HALLOWEEN Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Disney Channel Original Movies (also known as DCOMs) were our favorites back in the early 2000s, and whether we want to admit it or not, they’re still our favorites now. And now, with September winding down to a close, its a good time to start getting into the Halloween spirit, and what better way to do so than by taking a trip down memory lane with our favorite Disney Channel Original HALLOWEEN Movies?! Here are our top picks:

1. Halloweentown (1998)

This movie is pretty the standard to which all other Disney Channel Original Halloween Movies are compared to. A coming-of-age story about a teenage witch named Marnie Cromwell, Kimberly J. Brown and Debbie Reynolds star in this movie as the ultimate magical duo.

2. Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge (2001)

The second movie in the Halloweentown series, while not quite as magical as the first, is still a classic which must be re-watched. I will admit that this one is a bit scarier than the first!

3. Halloweentown High (2004)

By now you have probably noticed a pattern. Featuring a plethora of magical creatures, Halloweentown High is without a doubt another classic.

4. Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire (2001) 

One of my friends brought up this movie recently while trying to prove a point that you should be careful who you date because sometimes people aren’t what they seem (she was specifically referring to people from Tinder, big surprise). So as you can see, this movie is a must-watch and teaches us a lesson about stranger danger that’s still relevant today!

5. Don’t Look Under the Bed (1999)

This movie is a low-key horror film from back when Disney had less fucks to give. A girl gets framed by the Boogie Man for some shenanigans and has to take him down with the help of her imaginary friend.

6. Return to Halloweentown (2006)

This Halloweentown flick goes lower on the list because I’m still pissed off and slightly insulted that they thought they could replace Kimberly J. Brown with Sarah Paxton and get away with it. Which they kind of did, because its still a great movie, just not as great as the original ones.

7. Under Wraps (1997)

Brendan Fraser is probably still butt hurt that his mummy movies weren’t as good as this one. No one will ever make a better mummy movie than Disney did with Under Wraps. Lots of laughter and even a few heartfelt moments.

8. The Little Vampire (2000)

TBH, this movie is pretty standard, not amazing, and is mostly on this list because words cannot even describe how adorable the Stuart Little kid is. 

Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.