5 Tips to Never Be Late to Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.
  1. Decide on your outfit and how you want to do your hair the night before. 80% of the struggle in the morning is trying to figure out what to wear and how to wear it but if you lay your outfit out the night before and prepare yourself for any necessary hair prep, you’re bound to shave 10-15 minutes off your morning routine.

2. Don’t save your homework for the morning. We all say we’re going to wake up early and finish that Psych worksheet but how often does that really happen? Even if you do wake-up, it takes way longer than you thought and you’ll be scrambling around at the last minute trying to find  your shoes and your bag and your muni pass. You might as well just stay up the extra 30 minutes, finish your work and wake up at a normal hour.

3. Meal Prep on the weekends, even if you live on campus and have a meal plan and especially if you don’t. You should always have food ready to go in your fridge or pantry so that you’re not rummaging around looking for that last granola bar that your roommate ate two days ago.

4. Check what time the buses are coming. So this may seem obvious but I know plenty of people who don’t check what time the buses are coming until AFTER they are already ready to go. Sure you might get lucky every once in awhile but most of the time you will have just missed one and get stuck walking 20 blocks.

5. . Skip the Nonessentials. You know how people say, “If you’re already late you might as well get some breakfast”? Well they’re wrong. If you are running late for school, you can afford to skip an extra coat of mascara, a spinach omelette, or an elaborate hair style. Teachers don’t like when students are late but they hate late students who walk in with starbucks.

Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.
Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.