5 Places to Take Your Friends from Out of Town

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market

This one is worth waking up at 8am on a Saturday for. The Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market is full of fresh produce, tasty food vendors, and much more. It’s a great spot to walk around, get some coffee, maybe a light breakfast and a cheap bouquet of flowers to brighten up your home or dorm room. A great view of the bay and a short walk away from downtown, don’t miss out on taking your friends here.

Nick’s Crispy Taco’s/Ireland’s

The unofficial bars of USF– if you have your friend(s) visiting during the week make sure and take them to Taco Tuesday at Nick’s Crispy Taco’s for good food and reasonably priced tequila shots. Keep the ball rolling and spend at least part of your “Thirsty Thursday” at Ireland’s where you’ll definitely run into fifty people you know from school.

Burritos in the Park

San Francisco is known for having great burritos, especially in the Mission. Take your burrito party one step farther and eat them surrounded by interesting culture and SF residents in Dolores Park.

The Marina/Off the Grid

Every Friday night gourmet food trucks set-up shop in the Marina at Off the Grid: Fort Mason. After getting some delicious food, you and your friends can head over to one of the many bars or clubs that are close by. During the day, the Marina is home to great shopping, cool cafes, and A TON of restaurants that serve brunch. Bottomless mimosas anyone?

Golden Gate Park

Grab your friends, some drinks and snacks then head over to the Conservatory of Flowers or the Japanese Tea Gardens for a beautiful picnic in the park.  

*Bonus Jonas*

If you’re out late in the Inner Richmond and you get hungry, take your friends to some favorite late night grub. Nizario’s Pizza on Geary is open until 2am and right next to it is a 24hr Burger King. If you’re feeling like breakfast at midnight (or ANYTIME of the night) hit up Lucky Penny on Masonic, a 24hr diner.

Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.
Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.