5 Iconic Quotes by Mindy Kaling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.
As if San Francisco couldn’t get any more awesome, my idol, and object of admiration and affection of many millennials is coming to San Francisco for a conversation with Blind Side author Michael Lewis at Nourse Theatre, TONIGHT

In celebration of this beautiful tropical fish gracing us San Franciscans with her presence and unattainable wisdom, I have chosen five (out of a million) of Mindy Kaling’s iconic quotes that are sure to change your life.  

1. Via Twitter: 

“@mindykaling: If I was blind I could tell who the hot girls in the nail salon were by how boring their stories are”

2. An oldie but a goodie from Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me:

“Sometimes you just have to put on lipstick and pretend to be psyched.”

3. On her comedic competition: 

I never want to be called the funniest Indian female comedian that exists. I feel like I can go head-to-head with the best white, male comedy writers that are out there. Why would I want to self-categorize myself into a smaller group than I’m able to compete in?”

4.  On high school popularity and how far she’s come:

“I was obsessed with being popular in high school and never achieved it. There’s photos from our high school musicals, and I’m comically in the deep background, wearing a beggar’s costume.”

5. My personal favorite because I want Mindy to be my best friend and love when people want to be my friend: 

“When people call me either a girl crush or their best friend, like, the best friend they want, that’s, to me, the best compliment anyone could ever give me.”

*BONAS JONAS* From an excerpt of Greg Daniels guest chapter in Why Not Me:

“Make a list the people you think would make the greatest mentors and try to get close enough to steal their wifi” 
Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.
Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.