5 Dream Vacations to Fantasize About

With vaccines rolling out and countries announcing their plans to re-open to tourists, international travel is no longer a dateless dream, but a reality that will commence soon. Getting back into our pre-pandemic routines and habits may not be the easiest task. But, at the very least, we can dream. If you are looking to dream, check out some dream vacation ideas from a frequent traveler to inspire your first post-pandemic adventure.

1. 1. Seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland

northern lights over snow-capped mountain

The Northern Lights are a phenomenon like no other, and what better place to see them than Iceland?

2. 2. Photographing the Big Five on Safari in South Africa

lion leaning near tree during daytime on safari in south africa

Going on Safari is a unique experience in and of itself, but being able to photograph any of the Big Five, let alone all five, is an incredible dream that will never escape our minds!

3. 3. Setting Foot on Antarctica

penguins on snow covered fields during daytime in antarctica

The most remote continent of all, Antarctica is not somewhere that is frequently traveled to. However, if you take a look at just a few pictures, you will want to step on the next cruise ship to Antarctica and see it for yourself.

4. 4. Riding the Trans-Siberian/Mongolian Railway

snow covered mountain near body of water during daytime at lake baikal in siberia, russia

Okay, now this one is for a unique traveler, but it provides opportunities to see parts of the world that you would not otherwise see. Plus, spending that much time on a train can lead to a lot of productivity, be it computer-based work or just finally getting through the Netflix show you’ve been putting off!

5. 5. Exploring the Galápagos Islands

brown and green mountains beside body of water during daytime in galapagos islands, ecuador

The Galápagos Islands are uniquely situated and have some of the most unique flora and fauna on Earth. Seeing it in person is the ultimate goal of many eco-conscious travelers, and we are no exception.

This is just the beginning of our dreams, and we want to hear all about yours too! DM us your dream vacations on Instagram (@HerCampusAtUSFCA).