3 Halloween-Inspired Cocktails to Try this Spooky Season (21+)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Feast your eyes on these spooky concoctions just in time for the Halloween weekend! If you’re having a party, be sure to keep the supplies around and the booze flowing for these delectable treats. 

Consume only if you are of legal drinking age and proceed with caution if you dare

Black Ginger Cocktail (Adapted from AllRecipes)

3 — fresh blackberries

1 ½ oz. — spiced rum

1 oz. —  sweet and sour mix

ice cubes

1 splash ginger beer

Place blackberries in a shaker; muddle. Pour rum and sweet and sour mix over muddled blackberries; fill the shaker with ice. Cover and shake until chilled. Pour into a glass and top with ginger beer.

Poison Apple Martini (Adapted from DotDot)

crushed ice

2 oz. — vodka 

2 oz. — cranberry-apple juice

1 oz. —  pomegranate juice

1 slice — apple 

dry ice

Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice; add vodka, cranberry-apple juice, and pomegranate juice. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with an apple slice and a small chip of dry ice for effect.

Apple Cider Mimosa

1 cup — apple cider

1 (750-ml.) bottle — prosecco or Champagne

2 tbsp — caramel sauce

1 tbsp — cinnamon

1 tbsp — granulated sugar

On a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip champagne flutes in the caramel to wet the rims, then dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Fill champagne flutes 1/4 full with apple cider, then top off with champagne or prosecco.

I hope that you enjoy these delicious cocktails this spooky season and get to enjoy yourself fully! 

Stay safe xoxo

MaryCate (she/her) is a graduate of the University of San Francisco with a BA in International Studies. MaryCate is now a Master's student at Sciences Po in Paris, France studying European Affairs and Global Health.