This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

The spring season is full of beautiful days and brightness, with scattered rainy days. What better way to bring in that brightness and beauty of spring, while fighting those gloomier days, than baking with fresh fruit? Using in-season fruit is sure to make your bakes that much better, so check-out some of these recipes using fruits that are best in the spring!

Dark Chocolate Rhubarb Brownies (Courtesy of The Endless Meal)

Rhubarb is an early spring fruit, so what better recipe to start the early spring season with than some rhubarb brownies? Although rhubarb and chocolate may not be your typical pairing, the different flavors in this recipe marry so well that you won’t be able to resist another!

Grapefruit-Poppy Seed Loaf Cake with Yogurt Glaze (Courtesy of Epicurious)

Citruses are typically winter fruits, but in many climates, grapefruits tend to be more of an early spring product. Switching the traditional lemon poppy seed loaf for a grapefruit one is sure to be a hit, for the sweetness of the grapefruit with the tangy yogurt glaze compliment each other beautifully. *chef’s kiss*

Apricot Crumble Bars (Courtesy of Three Olive Branches)

Apricots are a late spring fruit, so there is a long anticipated wait while getting ready for their season! Apricot crumble is the perfect way to round off a nice day, as the days begin to warm up but the evenings stay cool.

I hope that you all enjoy the spring and have a lot to look forward to as the days get warmer and longer. Stay bright!

MaryCate (she/her) is a graduate of the University of San Francisco with a BA in International Studies. MaryCate is now a Master's student at Sciences Po in Paris, France studying European Affairs and Global Health.