jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Yes, it is Possible to Have Pre-Senior Senioritis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

If your will to survive academically is thinning, do not worry. You are not alone. Your desire to graduate prematurely, solely for the sake of not having to turn in an assignment ever again, is extremely common. 

You have Pre-Senior Senioritis.

How did you get here? Well, there is no known cause, but some report it is due to over-assigned work, lack of productivity time, and limited room in the brain for more knowledge.  Although it is a common diagnosis, there are ways to battle this severe form of senioritis: The faster you pass all of your classes, the faster you willl graduate.

Photo courtesy of Djim Loic via Splash

No one wants to experience two junior years all because they were absent too many times and had to take a class over again. No matter how unmotivated you may be, think of the reward. Most classes do not allow more than two unexcused absences, so make sure you look at the syllabus so you do not get points taken off of your final grade.

College Costs a lot of Money

Photo courtesy of Sharon McCutcheon via Splash

Many of us are breaking our bank accounts and doing the most to pay for classes, so do not pay for more than you have to. The high cost of tuition should be enough motivation for you to keep up with your work. Just think about all of the money you are wasting for every hour you procrastinate. Usually, for every credit you take there should be an equal amount of hours taken to study for that class, or to do work. For example, if you are taking a three-credit hour course, you should spend three hours a week or more completing work for said class.

Make Your Friends and Family Proud.

Photo courtesy of Baim Hanif via Splash

Everyone has some kind of tight-knit group of supporters cheering them on during their collegiate career. When the going gets tough, this is the group of people who you go to for advice, venting, comfort, and support. Make them proud. They want nothing more than to see you walk across that stage at graduation.

Kaylen Alvarez is a Mass Communications major at the University of South Florida. Her concentration focuses on Magazine Journalism, but she very much enjoys creative writing. Kaylen is eager to publish purposeful content for Her Campus, and she hopes to enforce the idea that girls are much more than fashion and frill. To read more from Kaylen, you could find her published works on the USF Online Odyssey page. Follow her socials for content updates.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.