Yarelis Fontanez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Yarelis Fontanez

Year: Junior

Major: Biology

Age: 21

Hometown: Rota, Spain

What made you pick your major?

“I picked my major because I love biology and I want to be a doctor, specifically a pediatrician.”

What are some of your favorite classes?

“My favorite classes are biology and classical mythology.”

What do you plan to do with your degree?

“I plan to go to medical school and become a pediatrician.”

What do you like to do in your free time?

“In my free time, I like to go out with my friends, relax at home, workout and spend time with my family.”

How would your best friend describe you?

“My best friends would describe me as funny, loud, friendly, smart, kind, determined, quirky and protective of the ones I care for.”

What’s your ideal date night?

“My ideal date night is to take a walk on the beach and have a romantic dinner there.”

What do you look for in a partner?

“In a guy I look for intelligence, determination (they know what they want in life), trustworthiness, kindness, thoughtfulness. Someone handsome, family-oriented and respectful.”

What is one of your biggest goals in life? 

“My biggest goal in life is to become a successful pediatrician and to enjoy life.” 

I am an editorial writer for Her Campus USF!
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.