Working Women of Tampa Bay: Pink Holiday Market & Women’s Biz Expo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Women have always been fighting for a space in the market. This fight has been creating opportunities for women to develop their space in order to be seen and heard.

Think Pink Holiday Market & Women’s Biz Expo took this idea and brought it to life. On Thursday, November 29, 2018, more than 70 businesses created and managed by women in the Tampa Bay area had the opportunity to be appreciated by more than 100 people. The expo took place at the Bryan Glazer Family Jewish Community Center from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Photo courtesy of Gabriela Da Rosa Masiero

The expo was back lighted with very diverse product-type companies. From all the types of home-made foods to all the make-up, clothes, candles, health services, painting, photography, etc., there was something for everyone, and the experience of being there was incredible.

This event focused on collaboration and being an assistance of growth for other women who are entrepreneurs. This environment brings hope and motivation for women that are in the process of opening their own business.

ASEA was one of the companies at the event. According to their website, they are a “growing direct-sales phenomenon born from the vision, passion and Fortune 500 experience of company founder Verdis Norton.” ASEA provides health and skin products that are a representation of rejuvenation and healing, and defend the most natural products as the main healers and fountain of energy for our bodies.

Kaleen O’Connor and Amilton Da Silveira, her husband and business partner, are responsible for selling these products in Florida, and are always involved in business events. They also motivate the connection and partnership between companies.

Women still face many challenges when it comes to opening their own business, but being able to see all the support, strength, and empowerment that this huge event brings once a year to the community shows that we are in the right path.

This community shows women that we can do whatever we want, and that we can also be whatever we believe we can be.

Hi! My name is Gabriela and I am studying Communication at USF. Writing has been a self-discover journey and a way to express my ideas to the world. As a student passionate about learning, music, dance, theater, diversity and helping others, there is many things I would like to share with you!
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.