jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Where to Spend Valentine’s Day in Tampa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Not sure where to spend Valentine’s Day this year? Well, whether you’re a competitive couple or more laidback, Her Campus has you covered with date locations from the adventurous to the serene. Check them out below!

Romantic: Armani’s at the Hyatt

Taken from Armani’s Facebook

Armani’s at the Hyatt is the perfect restaurant to spend the evening. Enjoy fine Italian cuisine and watch the sunset overlooking Tampa Bay. Watch the sun sink into the ocean as you sit out on the deck or in the fine dining section. Armani’s is a little piece of Northern Italy with a relaxing modern comfort. Located on the 14th floor of the Hyatt, you are sure to see miles of Old Tampa Bay. Choose from salad, veal dishes, or the anitpasto bar that features a variety of marinated vegetables, seafood, meats, cheese, and salads. This restaurant is sure to offer a romantic night out for you and your Valentine.”

Competitive: Vertical Ventures

Taken from Vertical Ventures Facebook

“Every couple has a competitive side–at Vertical Ventures go head-to-head with your honey to see who can make it to the top of the rock wall first. Vertical Ventures features a bottom to ceiling room of rock wall. Rent shoes, chalk, and a harness and you are good to go all night long. Start out at the easy walls or battle at the intermediate level. Either way you are sure to have a night full of friendly competition, flirting, and time spent with your significant other to make for a perfect Valentine’s day.”

Low Key: Muvico

Spend a low key night out with your sweetie at Muvico Starlight 20. Pick form any movies already in theaters or one of the new releases that come out especially for Valentine’s Day. Get in a romantic mood by watching the new romance movie, “Safe Haven.” Starring Josh Duhamel and Julianna Hough, this Nicholas Sparks adaptation from Dear John is sure to have you feeling the love.

Adventurous: Busch Gardens

Who wouldn’t love a day spent riding roller coasters and gawking at cute animals? Head over to Busch Gardens for an adventurous Valentine’s Day. Push and challenge each other to go to even greater heights as you make your way through the park. Make sure to see all the animals and treat each other to some Dippin’ Dots before you leave! Pay the same price ($70) as a one day pass but go back all year!

Old School: Mojo Books & Music

This is one of the best kept secrets in Temple Terrace. If you haven’t noticed, the closet Books-A-Million or Barnes and Noble is a pretty far drive. Mojo Books & Music is an old school bookstore that serves up some of the best teas and coffees in Temple Terrace. They sell used and popular books at bargain prices. You can also find old records, VHS’, and more in this amazing bookstore. Enjoy a full day of browsing the bookshelves, record files, and tasting through the teas at this quaint bookstore located on Fowler Ave. next to the University Mall. Find out more about in their Her Campus feature!

Photo Sources:

http://s3.grouponcdn.com/image…
http://www.sayyestovacationhom…
https://plus.google.com/109243…

Kelsey Howard is a senior at the University of South Florida. She is majoring in mass communications with a concentration in magazine and a minor in American Sign Language. Kelsey is currently on the Editorial Team for Her Campus USF, is a blogger for Rent the Runway and a news writing intern for USF College of Arts and Sciences. She loves writing about fashion, beauty, relationships, careers, education, and much more. Kelsey aspires to move to New York City after graduation to pursue a career at a national, monthly magazine. Kelsey is currently on a mission to empower girls and women everywhere! Follow Kelsey on Twitter and Instagram at @KelseyKayHoward and read her personal blog at http://www.kelseykayhoward.com. View her resume and portfolio at www.kelseykayhoward.info.
Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.