What’s Your Style Lucielle?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Last month, we hosted a What’s Your Style? event and Her Campus readers pose in their best style! With the photos uploaded to Instagram, we let you, their fellow readers, select your favorite outfit. Our winner was none other than the fabulous Lucielle Salomon. The Mass Comm major sat down to answer some of our questions about where she pulls inspiration for her style.

Her Campus USF: What are some of your style inspirations? This can be people, magazines, a store, anything!

Lucielle: My day to day look is inspired by Aimee Song and her bold and laid back outfits. She has a sweet but sophisticated look that I love. Usually when I’m wondering what to wear, I check out her Instagram for inspiration. She’s amazing!

HCUSF: What would you call your style? (boho chic, modern, classic, etc)

LS: I definitely have a modern baroque style mixed with pretty pastel. My style is completely romantic and feminine; I love mixing and matching lace and prints. Plus, I always add statement jewelries to every outfit. It’s all about having fun!

HSCUSF: What was your worst style moment?

LS: My worst style moment was two years ago at a friend’s birthday party. I wore a light pink lacey dress. The dress was a bit long, and I had the brilliant idea to scrunch it around my waist with a waistband to reduce the length. It made me look like a doll with an oversize dress, it was completely puffy. At that moment, I thought I looked great but now I look back and it’s totally horrible.’

HCUSF: What is a staple piece in your wardrobe?

LS: Besides always having a statement necklace, I never leave my house without lipstick. When I was a teenager all my friends and family knew me because I always had lip gloss on, now that I’m older it’s the same situation but with lipstick. I’m obsessed with every lip color, but my favorite is purple.

HCUSF: If you could have a piece from any designer or collection, who/what would it be?

LS: I will definitely use a dress from one of my favorite Dominican fashion designer, Giannina Azar. Her collection has a tribal baroque style.  She is very detail- oriented; all her pieces include a big amount of jewels, which I’m obsessed.

Congrats to our winner and be on the look out for more of our contests! You too could win an amazing prize and a feature in an article of your own!

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.