This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As quarantine continues during the reign of coronavirus, Disney Plus has your back.  Disney has uploaded a lot of new content to the popular streaming service, and we have your watchlist covered!   

A Celebration of the Music from CoCo

If you’re missing concerts right now and love the Disney Pixar film CoCo, then this is for you. This recorded concert showcases the heart of Mexican culture and celebrates the music from the Oscar winning movie. Multiple artists sing songs from the film, and some of them are voice actors who reprised their roles, such as Benjamin Brett and Anthony Gonzalez. Dancing and vibrant costumes adorn the stage for a great night and all in all, it’s a great watch.

Be Our Chef

Are cooking shows your guilty pleasure? Disney Plus now has a family cooking show, hosted by actress Angela Kinsey that can satisfy that need! Families compete in a series of cooking challenges, creating recipes inspired from your favorite Disney movies. The motive? A grand prize of a Disney Cruise is at stake as the families get together and face off.

Disney’s Fairytale Weddings

Disney’s Fairytale Weddings debuted a new season on Disney Plus that is full of beautiful ceremonies and proposals. If you’re a romantic at heart and a fan of Say Yes to the Dress, this series is for you! Not only do you get to follow these couples and learn their stories, but you get to see beautiful landscapes — from a proposal in Hawaii to a proposal in the mountains of Alaska. The intricate ceremonies inspired by Disney movies are stunning to see and will leave you wanting a Disney Wedding – or a seriously strong urge for churro cake.

Disneynature

If you’re more of a nature buff, Disneynature has released several new documentaries circulating some of nature’s most lovable animals. Elephants, narrated by Meghan Markle, focuses on an elephant mother and her son as they journey across Africa. Diving with Dolphins, narrated by actress Natalie Portman, focuses on a young Pacific bottlenose dolphin named Echo. These documentaries would be a great way to celebrate Earth Day and appreciate these creatures, who have it far harder than we currently do.

Onward

Onward may have had the unfortunate timing of being released right before the spike of the coronavirus in the U.S., but Disney was generous enough to release it to the Disney streaming service, just a little under a month since its debut. The Disney Pixar movie is a fun and original story that follows two brothers living in a world merged with old magic and technology. This heartwarming Disney classic in the making deals with loss and anxiety. The journey it takes to overcome those obstacles is action packed and may leave you reaching for the tissue box.

Avengers: Endgame

With the one-year anniversary approaching for the massive box office hit, videos of opening night premieres of this film have re-surfaced on social media as we look back at better times. Cheers and applause are an understatement when it comes those videos. A rally or concert would better to compare to the excitement that the Avengers franchise had brought to those people on opening night and those that followed. Avengers: Endgame is about a group of heroes coming together and fighting a collective evil — something our health care workers are doing presently. Re-watching Endgame will bring back fun memories and have us all looking forward to the next time we can gather for a Marvel movie.

Which will you be watching first?

USF class of 2021 Advertising and PR integrated major. Minor in Studio Art and certificate of Visualization and Design.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.