What to Buy at Sephora this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

For many people this time of year is their favorite for many different reasons, and for some one of those reasons is shopping. It is now the season for holiday packaging and gift set galore, are you excited?

Buying this time of year is actually budget friendly as well because brands tend to either come out with sets that allow you to try more products for less money or buy a deluxe size product at a better deal price per ounce. Also, can we talk about the fun packaging that is commonly brought out for the holiday season?

1. Too Faced Le Grand Chateau set ($49)

Okay, so not only is the packaging gorgeous, but it comes with three different palettes so you could split them up and give them as gifts, or keep them all to yourself. In this set, there are 18 eyeshadows, two blushes, two bronzers, a mini mascara and a guide on how to apply all of the products.

2. Too Faced Melted Kisses and Sweet Cheeks ($36)

Too Faced may have the most abundent amount of sets out for the holiday season. They are all amazing but this set has two of my personal favorite products that can change a look in no time: lipstick and blush. Not only are these products super long wearing, but they come in colors that would match any mood. The set comes with a berry shade, a light coral and a classic pink. The heart shapped blushes are a definate plus as well.

3. Sephora Favorites: Superstars ($75)

Not only does this set have everything you could need to take your makeup to the next level, but it is a $207 value. This set is perfect for the on the go traveler who wants their favorite products in a smaller size (more room for shoes, hello) or for someone who wants to try out a lot of different products and techniques at an excellent price. In this set you can try out contouring, highlighting, cateye eyeliner, and many other of the latest favorites in the makeup industry.

4. Bare Minerals Jumbo Foundation ($42)

Bare Minerals is a classic go-to foundation, and for good reason. It is perfect for sensitive skin, can be applied quickly when you are running late to class, and can be built up from sheer coverage to full coverage. At $42, you are getting over double what you would normally get in the standard size containers, for less than half of the cost- and the packing is display worthy. Look at that bargain shopping, you shopping genius.

5. Origins Mini Mask Marvels ($22.50)

I don’t know about you, but my skin can do some crazy things throughout the semester. The cause may be too much coffee (psh, no such thing), too little sleep, or too much fun over the weekend; the list can go on and on. Regardless of the cause sometimes skin requires some TLC. This set has the cure for three of the biggest concerns: clogged pores, dry skins, and over all problematic skin. Not only is it the perfect gift for others but it is the perfect gift for yourself.

6. Sephora Favorites: Time to Prime ($25)

This season calls for parties, pictures and primers. With everything that is going to be packed into winter break, there are bound to be some long days. This set has primers for you lips, face, eyes, eyelashes, nails and hair. You will be set and ready for anything.

7. Bite Beauty Best Bite Rewind ($25)

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1751262-main-hero-300.jpg

If you have not tried Bite Beauty products yet, one of their holiday kits is an absolute must. They are made from food grade ingredients, so they are literally safe enough to eat. They are pigmented, matte, extremely comfortable and come with four different shades ranging from a natural to dramatic. The tin they come in is also perfect for touch ups because it has a large mirror inside.

8. Bite Beauty Bite Mix and Mingle ($14)

Bite Beauty also came out with mini lipstick duos that can also double as ornements. With colors ranging from nude, bright pink, bright red, to deep berries there is a duo for everyone. One duo has two of my personal favorites from the brand: Pomegranate and Palomino. If you want to try out a lipstick from this brand one of these sets is the perfect time to try it, especially with the holiday season. Don’t forget to read How to Master Red Lipstick for tips and tricks on how to put on and keep on lipstick. 

Kalyn Nylander is a Freshman at University of South Florida where she studies Marketing. Her passions include fashion, beauty, old films, music, and the preforming arts. In her free time you will find her shopping, reading, watching fashion shows, running, or creating mood boards. You can find her on twitter @nylander_kalyn.
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.