Wellness Wednesday: New Year, New You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It has been two weeks into the new year and a week into the new semester, collegiettes™!

Now is an excellent time to reflect upon the personal goals you set for the year and to project how you want the rest of the semester to go. If you haven’t made any resolutions yet, consider the benefits of setting goals for yourself.

When you set a resolution or goal, a verbal and/or written statement is established that can help you stick to the goal. By sharing goals with close friends and family around you, they can help hold you accountable. Believe it or not, there are even apps for helping you stick to your resolutions! Check out these four apps that can be used for goal and habit tracking. Apps or hand written visualization is important to maintain a resolution. Writing your goal on a sticky note and placing it on your bathroom mirror will help remind you of what you are striving for each morning. It’s also helpful to write out a detailed plan on how you wish to accomplish your goal. The written plan and visualization will help keep your resolutions at the forefront of your mind.

While the most popular types of resolutions tend to be weight loss related, by no means are New Year Resolutions restricted to that. Consider setting academic goals, goals to develop personal hobbies, financial and budgeting resolutions, career goals, travel aspirations or even just to meet new people. Resolutions can also be made to improve physical fitness and not focus on weight loss. Don’t rule out health related goals because you don’t want to make your resolution about weight loss.

If you want to make a change, now is the time. Start the new year off with a bang and work towards a stronger, smarter, and healthier you. Happy 2015 collegiettes™!

Photo Credits:

http://www.keycompounding.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/new-years-resol…

I am a sophomore Elementary Education major at USF! My ultimate goal is to teach abroad after I graduate and make quality education more accessible. Otherwise, I am a vegetarian, beginner yogi, curly haired girl who enjoys laughing at her own jokes.
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.