WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: Eat Your Way to Gorgeous Skin

We often find ourselves looking at our reflection in the mirror, stressing over our breakouts and wondering how to get model skin. We even go through endless magazines and read about skincare products that we end up buying, in hope they actually work, in order to get the perfect skin we all dream of. While drinking plenty of water plays a very important role in healthy skin, hydration alone is not enough.  Cutting off the sugar, and eating lots of fruits and vegetables sure does help too, so here are some foods that will give you a fresh, naturally glowing skin:

1. Apples

Apples are one of the many fruits that will give you a glowing, bright skin. They also protect the skin, and help repair it and fight acne!

2. Carrots

While carrots are known to be good for the eyes, they are also an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), which is one of the most important nutrients for attaining healthy skin. Also, carrots are great for anti-aging!

3. Avocados

If you are suffering from skin dryness, then avocados are the way to go!  Avocados are great skin moisturizers and they help bring healthy radiance to the skin.

4. Oranges

We all know that oranges are full of vitamin C, so as they provide your body with the amount of vitamin C needed, they also do wonders to your skin by  keeping  the collagen strong and prevent it from sagging. In addition, oranges (and other citrus fruits) prevent acne breakouts and help eliminate toxic and harmful body wastes!

5. Spinach

Spinach is loaded with vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin E, and many other important vital nutrients. It strengthens your skin tissue as well as gives you great and clear skin complexion.

6. Tomatoes

Tomatoes act as a natural sunscreen for your skin as they help your skin cells fight the sun’s damaging UV rays. They also remove excess oil from your skin and tighten your pores!

7. Peaches

Not only are peaches great for glowing skin, they also cleanse and tone your skin. Peaches help nourish, refresh, and brighten the skin complexion.

8. Pineapples

While pineapples are tasty fruits, they are excellent for acne treatment as well. They cleanse and soften the skin, leaving it clear and fresher!