This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Thumbnail: Youtube/Melissa Parada ​Photos: Cierra Craft

I was shopping at Target, purchasing towels for my bathroom when I stumbled upon the Valentine’s Day décor. And then it happened:

I bought items from Target that I did not plan on purchasing.

But, nonetheless, I purchased cute Valentine’s Day items I can use year after year. If I get more than one use out of it, it was worth it, right? And better yet, each item cost no more than $5. If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to spread a little love this year, check out these items:

This Valentine’s Day Felt Heart Wreath by Spritz is 13.5 inches in diameter and cost $5. Perfect for a door or wall, the fun colors add some spunk while the simplistic design is great for the minimalist. I chose to hang this on an interior door, out of fear that winds would whisk it away from our front door.

I also picked up this Planked Sign- Red and White Heart for $3. What I love about this piece is it’s perfect for a rustic or farmhouse touch to any room. The plank comes with not only a red and white cord but also a sawtooth picture hanger. The plank features white and red stripes for the festive holiday.

Marquee lights are trending and this Heart Marquee Light by Spritz feature the same white horizontal strip and light pink heart design as the wreath above. The Spritz collection always coordinates beautifully. The marquee light was $5 as well but does require 2 AA batteries which are not included. I grabbed a pack of batteries for $1 and in total, this cute little addition to our end table was $6. I think I will keep this out all year-long for a little feminine touch.

To complete the Spritz collection, I also picked up this $5 felt garland that reads “Happy Valentine.” Alternating between shades of pink, red and silver glitter, this 68-inch garland is perfect for a Valentine’s Day party or room décor. I hung this over our dining room table to add a little pop of color to that corner of the room.

Finally, I picked up these adorable metal heart string lights for $5 as well. The string is 6 feet and features 10 metal hearts. The string is battery operated so you must supply your own batteries. I decided to dangle these from our TV stand instead of our balcony because they are indoor use only lights. They come in a variety of colors so I chose Bright Pink to tie everything together.

Decorating doesn’t have to be expensive or hard to do. A few small pieces can add a touch of festivity to any apartment or dorm. Share with Her Campus USF your Valentine’s Day décor by using the hashtag #loveHCUSF on Instagram and tag us @hercampususf

I began at Her Campus USF as a writer in Spring 2017. Then, served as Senior Editor in Fall 2017 and currently serve as the Editor-in-Chief. I am passionate about writing, social media, and graphic design. I am a portrait photographer and a self-proclaimed makeup junkie. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @cc_red13 to connect!