USF holds its first gay prom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

A couple weeks has passed since USF’s P.R.I.D.E. Alliance threw the university’s first gay prom but it’s never too late to show you some pics! If you took any at the prom, feel free to submit them to daylinamiller@hercampus.com for publication!

For more about the prom, be sure to check out this write-up in USF’s student newspaper, The Oracle

P.R.I.D.E. President Kindell Workman introduces the Prom King and King Candidates. Candidates could run for either title, regardless of sex and gender.

Sam and I having fun out on the dance floor.

Quidditch captain and P.R.I.D.E. member Zachary Cornett and I take a break from the dance to take pictures at the entrance to the MSC ballroom.

Isn’t the cake gorgeous?

They gave us glo-stick bracelets! 

Posing pretty!

Daylina Miller is a senior at the University of South Florida studying multimedia journalism and psychology and anticipates graduating spring 2012. She is a member of the national and USF chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists, Bull Bikers' Association, and the Heavy Metal Enthusiasts Club. She currently writes news features for USF's website and is an avid blogger. Her interests include traveling, writing, tarot, paranormal research and photography. She recently enjoyed a travel/study tour to London and various cities in Ireland and plans on backpacking through Europe after graduation. Being a mermaid didn't pan out and paranormal research won't pay her bills so her ultimate goal is to report for a well-respected daily newspaper or magazine as a multimedia journalist.