USF Botanical Gardens Spring Plant Festival

By this point in the semester, you might feel overwhelmed and need some take a little time to relax. A garden is the perfect place to unwind. Guess what? Take some time and enjoy the beauty of nature or, better yet, create a garden or potted plant of your own.

The USF Botanical Gardens 25th annual Spring Plant Festival will take place Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 10:00am. This event gives you the chance to rethink new ways to set up your garden for spring. Throughout the festival you will learn how to create an awesome patio with low maintenance landscape plants from more than 70 vendors. Vendors will be selling plants such as: African violets, orchids, bonsai, crotons, tropical fruit, gingers, camellias, and much more.

Take part in several artistic workshops starting at 11: am. Come along and pick up ideas from Organic Vegetable Gardening, Using Native Plants, Basic Orchid Growing and Beekeeping workshop.

Stop by at 12210 USF Pine Drive, Tampa, FL 33620 and enjoy everything nature has to offer. Don’t stress about finals and have fun experiencing creative activities.

Price: $5, kids under 12 and members free.

Free Parking.

Phone: (813) 974-2329

From an early age Lucielle Salomon discovered her passion for the media. Becoming a media person has and is her goal in life. Energy, passion and laughter describe her. Having the opportunity to participate in different extracurricular events and becoming a professional model helped her become a confident and outgoing individual. Salomon considers herself as a person that embraces change due to her family relocating in different places over the years. Fashion is her passion. Further than clothes fashion is attitude and Salomon goes for it! Beyond her talent Lucielle always knew she had to follow her dream wherever it took her. “It does not matter what your dream is, it is what you do to accomplish it”. It’s a quote that is present in every decision she makes. Lucielle would love you profoundly, if you follow her on instagram/twitter: @luciellesalomon