TV Tuesday: Eye Candy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Online dating is all the rage, collegiettes™.

Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com, and even Facebook are all very popular despite our fears about using them. But this new television show will definitely make you think twice. Eye Candy is an American thriller that premiered on MTV at the beginning of this year.

The new television show is based on a novel by R. L. Stine. Eye Candy stars Victoria Justice as Lindy Sampson, who lost her sister in an abduction and becomes obsessed with helping other people find their missing loved ones. The tech savvy Lindy joins an online dating app by the pressure of her roommate, but that turns into a complete nightmare.

Eye Candy can be described as the new Veronica Mars, but with a high-speed update. Spoiler alert, Lindy encounters a serial killer and must bring the murderer to justice. Both Lindy and the serial killer are tech savvy though, by using cell phones, laptops and cameras. While the MTV series, Catfish brings a little fear to online dating, this show will make you reconsider online dating completely. 

The serial killer has a obsession with perfection and he finds that in Lindy. Soon he becomes her stalker and won’t stop until he gets her all to himself. He has a pattern of meeting victims and seeing what they lie about in their photos. Then, he takes his revenge for all the lies. Through the Internet we can show what we want to show, but also hide what we want to hide.

This MTV new series seems just a little scary and gruesome, but it is worth your time. The hour long show has the perfect mix of suspension, hot guys and murder.

Eye Candy airs every Monday night at 10 p.m. The best part is that the show is only four episodes in. So, get settled in bed with your laptop for a mini marthon to catch up, collegiettes™!

Check out a preview of the show below.

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.