Trending: Pretty in Pink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It seems like every fashion magazine or blog I read is going on about how blush pink is the “it” color this spring season. It’s such a great color to add just a pop of dimension to an outfit because it isn’t so loud that it becomes distracting. Whether it’s a bit of pink on the nails, or a flash of blush on your feet, this gorgeous pale pink is sure to be all over this season.

The easiest way to pull off the pale pink look is to simply add it in your accessories. You can add a touch of pink by combining it with another current trend: big statement necklaces. On their own, they can bring a simple outfit from blah to fabulous. By choosing a necklace like the Blushing Blossoms necklace from Modcloth, you can add just the perfect bit of blush to your outfit and still make a statement.

Another option for accessories is a purse. This bag from JC Penny is reasonably priced, functional, and still on trend with the blush craze and like the necklace or scarf, you can simply add it to an outfit and you’re in with the trend!

A more lasting way to rock the blush pink trend is with your makeup or nails. NYX’s Butter Gloss is amazing, and Tiramisu is the perfect nudey blush shade. Slap a coat on your lips and you’re ready to go! If you want something with even more staying power, grab a blush pink nail polish. Be it OPI’s Cotton Candy or Essie’s Romper Room, blush pink nails are a great way to add a bit of pink with everything you wear.

The biggest was to get in on the blush pink trend is with your clothing. Throw on a pink tank to beat the Florida heat, or turn it up a notch with an all pink ensemble. This dainty sweetheart dress by Rare London is feminine and the perfect way to get into the blush trend without holding anything back! Pair it with a blush pair of pumps if you’re brave or tone it down with a pair of nude heels.

I’m so excited for the blush pink trend for this season! I think it’s a great color that can be worn by anyone. You can make it girly and even tough by throwing on a leather jacket or adding a flannel around your waist.

Photo credits:

http://www.polyvore.com/color_blocked_pretty_in_pink/set?id=116862983

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.