Tired of Overplayed Music? Listen to this Spotify Playlist.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Despite all the music streaming services out now, I am still deeply a Spotify Premium fan. Don’t get me wrong, I had the 3-month trial of Apple Music, but in the end, it didn’t have the personalization of playlists that Spotify offers.

Photo courtesy of Willain Justen de Vasconcellos via Unsplash

From the daily mixes to yearly rewinds, Spotify is able to show me how my music tastes have progressed throughout the year. Music tastes vary from person to person, and even an individual person can have days where they’re in the mood for something different than usual. Personally, I can’t categorize my music taste to anything specific. I can listen to virtually anything, but if I had to pick one, it would be alternative.

Spotify’s Lorem playlist is a unique collection of songs that are mostly catered to the younger generations and those who listen to the likes of Rex Orange County and Conan Gray.

Photo courtesy of Rex Orange County via Facebook

When I first saw it, I liked the artists in the playlist, but I didn’t exactly know what lorem meant. Even when I looked it up, it was still confusing. One site said it derived from the word “dolorem,” which means pain, suffering or sorrow.  

Photo courtesy of Lolo Zouaï via Facebook

Each song has a unique feel, and most songs aren’t mainstream or played on the radio. This playlist has multiple vibes, from smooth, easy listening to chill dance party. “SUGAR” by BROCKHAMPTON is one of my favorite songs at the moment, and it’s right at home in this playlist.

Photo courtesy of Mark Cruz via Unsplash

So, if you are tired of overplayed music and looking to broaden your music taste, definitely give this one a listen.

I am a sucker for a good rom-com and an even better soundtrack.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.