Tiekeyla Francois

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.
Tiekeyla Francois is a 25-year-old senior majoring in marketing. Francois, who calls Jupiter, Florida home, is currently studying abroad in France. Her favorite USF-related memory is finding out that she was the receipient of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, which is awarded to students who are interested in education abroad or internship abroad opportunities. Read on for more fun facts about this well-traveled business student with a great smile!

Her Campus: Why did you chose your major?
Tiekeyla Francois: “I love people and finding out what they need.”

HC:What are you involved in on campus?
TF: “American Marketing Association and Delta Sigma Pi, Professional Business Fraternity.”

HC:Who inspires you?
TF: “God.”

HC: Favorite Quote?
TF: “What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

HC: What’s your favorite type of music?
TF: “Christian.”

HC: What is your favorite TV show?
TF: “The Golden Girls.”

HC: What is your favorite Disney character or superhero?
TF: “Hercules.”

HC: What is your Zodiac sign do you think it fits you?
TF: “Libra. Yes it fits me, because I am always looking for balance in my life.”

HC:If you can bring 3 things on a desert island, one food, one book and one piece of music, what would they be?
TF: “Tilapia, The Bible, Kirk Franklin, Hello Fear”

HC: “What’s the first thing you would grab in a fire?”
TF: “My external hard drive.”

HC: Who would play you in the movie of your life?
TF: “Monica (played by Sanaa Lathan) in Love and Basketball.”

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?
TF: “Idris Elba.”

HC: What is your favorite book?
TF: “Let the church say Amen By ReShonda Tate Billingsley.”

HC: All expenses paid, what is the first place you would visit in the world?
TF: “Bora, Bora.”

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.