Throwback Thursday: What We Learned From Full House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

In honor of the announcement that Full House will be revived on Netflix, we at Her Campus would like to reflect on our favorite moments from the show that shaped many of our childhoods, even if it did begin to air before some of us were even born. This show had everything from family values to comedy to romance to Uncle Jesse (need I say more?). So let’s take a stroll down memory lane for the golden moments of this iconic show.

1. Sometimes even adults act like children and that’s honestly okay.

In this episode, Danny and Joey sneak into a sorority house in honor of nostalgia from college to steal back a stuffed seal from a sorority house… dressed as women. The picture speaks for itself. Sometimes even adults do crazy things. This is totally okay because, well, what’s life if there’s no spontaneity in it?

2. Danny Tanner was a superdad.

Danny Tanner is the man of all men. Raising three children, that too three girls, is no small feat. However, throughout the years the show was on the air we saw him display utmost patience, tolerance and all around awesomeness as the talk show hosting, supportive, compulsively cleaning and wonderful father. He wasn’t just a father though. From reading bedtime stories to Michele, to helping Stephanie with her science fair projects and to capturing the vision that D.J. was on her prom night, Danny Tanner was indeed a superdad.

3. Never ever, ever, ever, ever stop reaching for your goals.

Throughout the show we saw Uncle Jesse and Joey striving for their careers. For Joey it was being an impressionist, a comedian and a TV personality. For Uncle Jesse it was his music and even later on, opening up a nightclub. We even saw these two working together at one point for an advertising company. These two always made it work. They made the best of their situations and they never gave up. Jesse even went back to high school, which is probably the last place any of us want to go back to. If that’s not character, I don’t know what is.

4. If you ever get cold feet about something, follow your heart. It’ll eventually lead you to what you were going to do anyway.

Uncle Jesse and Becky’s long awaited wedding was definitely an episode to remember. But there were times in the episode when we thought the wedding wouldn’t follow through. From skydiving from airplanes, falling into tomato trucks, conversations through jail cells, and finally a bride driving a local bus, we saw the cases of cold feet turning into a wedding in which everyone was serenaded by the love of the newly wed Katsopolis’s. If you ever get cold feet about anything in life, listen to your gut. Things will end up the way they’re meant to be.

5. When you mess up, it’s better to admit what you did wrong then move the Earth to fix it.

Okay maybe the Earth wasn’t moved on this show, but all the furniture in Danny’s room sure was at one point. In this episode a little fight with a pole between the two oldest Tanner sisters led to a big gaping hole in the wall of their father’s room. Their idea for a solution? Moving everything over in the room so Danny wouldn’t notice. Sometimes in life, instead of taking drastic measures to cover up mistakes, which can ultimately lead to more mistakes, it may be better to own up to it and face it. You’ll be given a chance to amend them and it makes for good character. We’ve seen many instances exemplified by the characters of this show that owning up to mistakes does more good than harm, contrary to prior beliefs by many.

6. Family can be the best thing that ever happens to you.

This lesson hardly needs explaining. There have been episodes that made us laugh until we cried and episodes that just made us cry. This family exemplifies acceptance, compassion, support and so many more values we should all embody with our own families.

Photo Credits:

therealfullhousereviewed.wordpress.com

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samanthamatt/26-valuable-life-lessons-from-full-house-9fr9

Second year junior. Environmental Science and Policy major. More of a feminist each day.
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.