This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Last time we saw any Asgardians, they were busy in New York City alongside the other Avengers. While Loki (Tom Hiddleston) was destroying the city, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) was busy helping the superheroes stop the madness. Ever since Loki was defeated, Thor has been busy cleaning up his adopted brother’s mess.

Months had elapsed since the catastrophe and Thor has been fighting for peace between the nine realms. His father believes Thor is ready to take on the throne, if only Thor would take a suitable Asgardian wife. Thor is still hung up on Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), the scientist he had to leave behind in New Mexico. Jane returns the feeling, wondering if she’ll see him again. It takes a trip to London, meddling with a gravitational field that is also a portal to the DarkWorld, to infect Jane with a dangerous weapon.

Peace may be between the nine realms but there’s one enemy who has been patiently waiting to fight back. The dark elves are awaken when the dangerous matter, ether, absorbs itself in Jane’s body. Malekith, the leader of the dark elves, plans to spread the ether through the nine realms when they finally align in just a few short days. Thor unwillingly enlists Loki’s help to seek vengeance and defeat the Dark Elves once and for all.

Anyone who has seen previous Marvel movies will not be disappointed. Thor: The Dark World has its fair share of humor, suspense, and terror. Plot twists and surprises as well as staying all the way to the end of the credits for bonus scenes is what makes up a typical Marvel movie. The characters in Thor balance each other out. The chemistry between Thor and Jane is as magnetic as the way Thor’s hammer returns to him at will. The dynamic between Thor and Loki has changed since New York. Thor can no longer trust his brother, though he expresses how he wishes he could. Loki on the other hand, can’t trust anyone and still has adopted child issues.

Thor: The Dark World delves deeper into relationships and the new enemy is worryingly terrifying. Thor must take dangerous risks to save the ones he loves and keep peace in the realms, if he can defeat Malekith. Anyone who goes to see this must stay until the very end of the movie, because there are two bonus scenes.

A-

Brittany is a senior at the University of South Florida, majoring in mass communications with a focus on magazine journalism. She is also pursuing a minor in creative writing. She's written for an online magazine, Reasons to be Beautiful. She enjoys reading, watching movies and hooked on tv shows. Her dream job would be to write for Entertainment Weekly or writing movie reviews while living in the U.K.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.