Talk to the Paw: A Tampa Woman’s Small Doggy Business

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Photo by Megan Holzwarth

After spending her hard-earned money on doggie bandanas that didn’t last, Christine Lindeman was inspired to start her own business, Talk to the Paw. The brand focuses on hand-crafting custom dog bandanas and homemade, all-natural dog treats, according to their Facebook page.

Photo from Talk to the Paw on Facebook

Although Lindeman is the loving owner of her two golden retrievers Alex and Murphy, owning a business wasn’t something she planned for herself.

“I never really wanted to run my own business,” said Lindeman. “After several versions, I finally had a final product that was better than the ones in the stores.”

Photo from Megan Holzwarth

Once the bandanas were created, people loved them, so Lindeman was encouraged to sell her creation to the public for people to purchase. She set her business up at local markets, created a Facebook page and started a website for online orders.

Photo from Talk to the Paw on Facebook

The bandanas are machine washable with a variety of patterns to choose from, like holidays, sport teams and more. The dog cookies are all-natural and come in flavors like Sweet Potato and Peanut Butter Oatmeal.

You can also purchase bone “cakes” and mini “pupcakes” from the business for for your puppy.

If you’re looking to purchase something cute for your furry friend this holiday, check out Talk to the Paw. Your pet will be glad you did.

Writer for Her Campus at USF. Mass Comm. major at USF. Dream job to work for Cosmopolitan in New York.