girls with peace signs at cup noodle museum
Shelby Weininger

Take a Look Inside the Cup of Noodles Museum in Japan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Get ready to microwave your Cup of Noodles in your dorm room and start planning your trip to Japan because there is a museum dedicated to the history of the famous Cup of Noodles. Once I found out about this, my friends and I headed to Yokohama from Tokyo to see what the hype was all about. Let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint. We thought the museum would be a short trip, but it ended up being so fun that it took up most of our day. Yokohama is about an hour from Tokyo Station by train. From Tokyo Station you need to hop on the JR Tokaido Main Line towards Atami. When you get to Yokohama station you need to switch to the JR Negishi Line towards ISOGO. You will get off at Sakuragicho station. From there it is about 15-minute walk to the museum with many signs leading the way.

Shelby Weininger
The building from the outside doesn’t look like it would be a Cup of Noodles museum. It is a brick building that says “Cup of Noodles Museum.” When you walk in, it is very clean and simplistic, not an over-the-top themed room that you would see at Walt Disney World. 

cup noodle museum
Shelby Weininger
Once you have paid and head inside the museum, it is a whole different type of environment. The walls are filled with photos and information about the history of the company. There is a room that has cutouts of famous people, and one of them is the founder of Cup of Noodles.

cup noodle museum display
Shelby Weininger
The best part of the Cup of Noodles Museum is where you get to customize and make your own Cup of Noodles! It is 300 yen, which is around $3. It was so much fun to color on the cup and pick what ingredients you wanted in it.

cup noodle museum custom cup noodle
Shelby Weininger
The Cup of Noodles Museum is worth a visit if you like out-of-the-box places. There are a few restaurants, but we didn’t try them so I cannot review. There is a documentary you can watch in the museum. They gave us headphones with the English translation, which helped a lot. I really enjoyed the movie; it was a cartoon and well done. There are photo spots such as an illusion room, a fake little house where they used to make the cup of noodles, and exhibits and displays.

girl at cup noodle museum
Shelby Weininger
If you find yourself traveling to Tokyo, Japan and want somewhere unique to go to, or if you just love eating Cup of Noodles in your dorm and want to learn the history of it, check out the Cup of Noodles Museum in Yokohama, Japan.

Here is a YouTube video of my day at the Cup of Noodles Museum. I hope you enjoy! 

Name: Shelby Weininger Major: Integrated Public Relations & Advertising Hometown: West Palm Beach, Florida. Lived in Orlando, Singapore, Japan. Currently in Tampa, Florida.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.