This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Are you considering studying abroad, collegiettes™?

There are so many places to travel and wonderful programs available through USF. Whether you’ve dreamed of strolling under the Eiffel Tower in Paris or spending your spring break in Florence, Italy, there is a program for you.

USF offers a variety of programs such as semester exchanges, dual degree programs, summer and short term programs, international internships and service learning. Our school has study abroad opportunities in over 25 countries!

Check out six awesome reasons to study abroad while in college:

1. Study abroad allows you to immerse yourself in a different culture.

2. Study abroad allows you to make new friends around the world.

3. Study abroad gives you skills and experiences outside of the classroom.

4. Study abroad is the best way to learn a language in a different country.

5. Study abroad allows you learn about yourself and the world around you.

6. Study abroad adds value to your degree and your resume.

The next Education Abroad Information Session is Friday Jan. 23 at 1 p.m. in the Marshall Student Center room 3301. For more information, check out USF Education Abroad

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.