Start Your Semester Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

The fall semester has finally started and we couldn’t be more excited here at Her Campus! But if you’re in need of some help, here are five things to do at the start of the semester:

1. Decorate your room

One thing I truly love about coming back to school is decorating! I always have so much fun decorating my dorm so I feel at home all semester long. Hang up a few of your favorite posters and add some decorative storage boxes. Be sure to put up pictures of your family and friends too!

2. Attend a USF event

At the beginning of the semester and pretty much all year, there are tons of fun events to attend. Whether this is your first semester on campus or not, be sure to get out there and go to an event. Every week there is Patio Tuesday and Bull Market Wednesday!

If you missed the football game last Saturday, the next one is this Saturday at 3:30 against Maryland. If you’ve already got your Our Shirt it will be easy to show some school spirit!

3. Buy an Our Shirt

But if not, go to the bookstore and purchase this year’s Our Shirt. They’re only $5! You can even purchase them online too.

4. Make new friends in your classes

The first couple of weeks of the semester in your new classes can be kind of stressful. While some people plan ahead and sign up for classes with their friends, sometimes it just doesn’t work that way. You may not know anyone in any of your classes. But don’t worry!

Most people feel the same way: in search of new friends. In the first two weeks of classes I always like to make friends with two new people in each class and exchange phone numbers. If they are in your classes, they might already be interested in some of the same things you are. And at the very least, it’s always a good idea to find study buddies!

5. Get your textbooks

In addition to study buddies for class, make sure to get all of your textbooks. Some classes might not require you to purchase the book, so it’s a good idea to attend class first before buying anything. But after, there are several options on where to get your books.

Amazon.com has amazing deals as well as Gray’s Bookstore and textbooks.com. If you don’t want to stress over shipping, just head to our beautifully updated campus bookstore.

Have a great semester, collegiettes™ and go Bulls!

Photo Credits:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kpcbweb/content/687/original_textbooks.jpg

http://blog.gradguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tumblr_lp08uyWhSM1q…

http://classroom.synonym.com/DM-Resize/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/ar…

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.