This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

‘Spring break season’ is approaching once again. However, one year after COVID reached the US, cases have increased exponentially, and it would not be very safe for anyone to go on vacation during this time. 

As a result, here is a list of several alternatives to having a fun-filled week while remaining safe in the comfort of your home:

Get Cooking

One of the most exciting aspects of going on vacation is food. Seeing as spring break usually consists of tropical vacations, change up your kitchen habits and have fun making different foods, such as different dips, tacos, or comfort foods such as mac & cheese or cookies. 

And for those over the age of twenty-one, try out classic beach-inspired drinks, such as piña coladas, watermelon refreshers, or a blue Hawaii. 

Spring Break Movie Marathon

To escape the feeling of being stuck at home, watching ‘spring break’ based movies can lift up the spirits! Immersing yourself in sunny destinations and fun adventures will almost make you feel like you’re sunbathing at the beach. 

Here are four movie recommendations: Ibiza (2018), Spring Breakers (2012), 22 Jump Street (2014), Spring Breakdown (2009)

Destination-Themed Pool Day

Have a pool day based on your favorite travel destination with the people you live with! Whether it’s with roommates, family, or by yourself, decorate your area with fake palm trees, coconuts, and tiny umbrellas for your drinks, as well as trying the delicious foods previously listed. Celebrate your health! 

Create Post-Covid Travel Itineraries

If you love creating Pinterest boards, this idea is for you. Making plans for future trips is always fun, and when the plans come true, it is always good to be prepared! In order to have the best experience you can have, investigating each individual place, food, language, and customs is an important part of immersing yourself in a new culture and place.

Painting Destinations

During quarantine, many people have taken up several forms of crafting. One of the most popular hobbies, along with knitting and collaging, is painting! You do not have to be an expert, you just need to have fun! Find some tutorials on YouTube, or find inspiration through Bob Ross, and decorate your walls with DIY paintings of your favorite places in the world. 

My name is Maria and I am a senior at USF studying Integrated Public Relations & Advertising and French.
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!