This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As college students, spring break is a well-deserved escape from all of our academic responsibilities. The sun is out, homework is (hopefully) on pause,, and it is the perfect time to relax.

If you are like me and do not quite have the budget for a tropical vacation getaway, do not worry. There are plenty of exciting and fun activities to do in your city, without the huge price tag of flight and hotel expenses.

Never underestimate your local beach or pool. Finally, you can enjoy the rays of sunshine unbothered by presentations or deadlines and unwind. Check your local Publix for coconuts. They make for amazing refreshments for beach/pool days!

Photo courtesy of Orlando Sentinel

Looking for a high energy activity? Tampa, despite being a pretty flat region, has no shortage of hiking trails. Take a look at this interactive map made by All Trails. Photo courtesy of floridahikes.com

If you are not an outdoors-y person, there are still plenty of activities for you. Sky Zone Tampa is a perfect way to fit in a quick exercise and still have fun doing it. The Sky Zone includes a Ninja Warrior Course, a Warped Wall, FreeClimb, and many more attractions for only $15.99 per hour of jump time. Sky Zone is a perfect place for a big group of people, so make sure to invite all your friends to join you.

Photo courtesy floridify.com

Not a fan of exercising? Yeah, me neither. Luckily, Tampa has so much to offer. From thrift shops such as Sunshine Thrift Store and Hope Thrift Store, to markets like Fresh Market of Hyde Park or Sanwa Farmers Market, there is no shortage of things to do.

Photo courtesy of tampabaymarkets.com

Take a break and relax because you only have a week to enjoy the beautiful Florida sun before schoolstarts back up!

I'm a junior at USF studying Integrated PR and Advertising. Writing has always inspired me and I love being able to use my platform to spread positivity and knowledge!
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.