This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Over the last few years Tampa has grown exponentially, and it’s not done just yet. New construction is popping up all over the place. Whether it be residential or commercial, the Tampa Bay area is the new place to be.

Recently, Tampa has experienced a huge increase in outdoor parks and restaurants. From the Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park to the Public Market at the Armature Works, we have a lot of cool new places to hang out. With the weather (slightly) cooling down, this new addition to the area is coming at a perfect time.

If you have been a Tampa resident over the last ten years, you know all about Channelside. Last year Tampa Bay Lightning Owner, Jeff Vinik, announced the plan to revive the area. It wasn’t until earlier this year that Vinik and his group revealed the plans for the area that will be opening November 30 to be known as Sparkman Wharf.Photo courtesy of Visit Tampa Bay

The waterfront, open concept, outdoor area will feature a variety of dining options and activities. In total, there will be ten new restaurants including Foundation Coffee, Flock and Stock, Gallito, Whatever Pops and more. There will definitely be something for everyone.

As you can see from the projections, it looks promising. Tampa’s new destination will have a large turf area with tables and lounge chairs for people to get together and hang out. The colorful preview represents the Tampa Bay community well, with full of life and personality. Every corner of this place is picturesque, it’ll make for amazing Instagram pictures!

Photo courtesy of Visit Tampa Bay

This new construction boom going on will boost Tampa into becoming one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. by expanding the opportunities in many job fields, which is amazing for all of us who are graduating soon, of course. Sparkman Wharf is going to offer some amazing office spaces as well, so we can only dream of working at one of the waterfront offices in the future.

November 30th is almost here, and I can hardly wait for the grand opening. I have a feeling Sparkman Wharf is going to be everybody’s new favorite spot.

Photo courtesy of Visit Tampa Bay

Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.