Simple and Satisfying Snack Recipes for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As a person who constantly loves snacking, getting through a full day of classes is hard. Without easy access to a kitchen, Uber Eats, Chick-fil-A, and even the vending machines across campus become ever-so daunting during a busy day on campus. However, none of these options are particularly healthy for your wallet, nor your fitness goals.

Having a full-sized kitchen in an off-campus apartment makes things much easier, but if you are living on campus, it may be time to utilize that community kitchen in your building and our on-campus Publix. Some of these recipes only require two ingredients, making it even easier to fit time for cooking into your busy schedule. Nonetheless, if you’re trying to eat a bit healthier or save some money, here are some recipes that you can easily prepare to satisfy your cravings at all times of the day.

Pineapple Nice Cream

Photo courtesy of PopSugar Here is the perfect, easy recipe to satisfy your craving for something sweet, fresh, and fruity. It is even dairy free.

Avocado and Cottage Cheese

Photo courtesy of PopSugar

This next snack is pretty self-explanatory, but looks absolutely delicious. It is quick, easy, and full of healthy fats that will keep you full for a day of classes.

Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites

Photo courtesy of PopSugar

If you are a fan of “nice cream” (a.k.a. the vegan, dairy-free alternative for ice cream), you will love this quick and easy snack. They are also perfect for prepping ahead of time and keeping in your freezer for late-night snacks, or just whenever you’re craving something sweet.

Quick Breakfast Hummus Toast

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

If you are tired of avocado toast, here is a fun new twist that is equally as delicious. It is the perfect on-the-go breakfast recipe to make and take with you to your morning classes.

Homemade Strawberry Fruit Leather Rolls

Photo courtesy of Popsugar

Making homemade fruit roll-ups is far easier than you may think. If you are spending a lazy Sunday inside, then all you need is a blender, oven, and fruit to make these rolls. They do take a while in the oven, though, so make sure you have the time to spend at home.

Homemade Healthy Mango Whip

Photo courtesy of @earthyandy via Instagram

Here is another delicious twist on the first recipe listed if you are a big fan of mangos, like me. It is just as simple, easy, and delicious, and it just requires a few ingredients.

With these simple recipes, snacking no longer has to blow your week’s food budget, or leave you feeling bloated and unhealthy. Give some of these a try this week, and your bank account will thank you later.

Raised in sunny Naples, Florida, Andrea is majoring in Mass Communications at USF with a focus in advertising. When she’s not maintaining a part-time job at Starbucks, Andrea enjoys spending time at the beach, playing with dogs, and writing. If you want to learn some more about her, head on over to her Instagram at @andreasabin.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.