This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

In 2019, there is no excuse to not be protecting your skin with SPF. There is such a wide variety of products, so you no longer have to look like that one tourist from Lilo & Stitch.

PC: Stitch Database Wiki

No matter how much or how little sunshine there is outside, harmful UV rays can still penetrate your skin. That means potential effects such as burns, dark spots, prematurely aging skin, and skin cancer. All of this can be controlled in the palm of your hand, so take action now.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not some SPF queen. I, myself, have been horrible about applying daily SPF, despite my extremely sensitive skin. As more and more research rolls out though, I have learned I have no choice but to take accountability for my actions and protect my skin. I have KP, eczema, and very fair skin, so my body is screaming for me to make a change head to toe this summer.

If your hair is just having too good of a day to throw on a hat, have no fear. You can take care of your scalp hat-free! Products like the Supergoop Poof 100% Mineral Part and Scalp Powder SPF 45 and Coola Organic Scalp & Hair Mist SPF 30 provide your scalp and hair with easy sun protection so you can rock your best beachy waves freely. These gems challenge the heat by locking in moisture, color, and shine, all while blocking harmful UV rays.

PC: Allure Magazine

Obviously, your face is, arguably, the most important part! Thankfully, you are no longer limited to that goopy sunscreen your mom smeared on your face as a kid, leaving you looking like Casper the Friendly Ghost. Today, you can put together almost an entire full face using SPF products! Latest on the market is the Supergoop Shimmershade Illuminating Cream Eyeshadow SPF 30, coming in 3 shades of shimmery cream-shadow. As someone who gets eczema patches on my eyelids, this will surely be a staple for me this summer.

Of course, it doesn’t stop there. One of the most raved about products on Instagram for suncare is the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40, as it acts as a clear, gel makeup primer.  A lightweight base, setting powder, setting mist, and even stick highlighters are all now available for your face’s pleasure. A personal favorite of mine, your local lip balm addict, is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15. With over 10 shades, this addition is perfect for reapplication and adding a pop of color to your summer look. You can flaunt a beautiful full face while being protected from the sun, and nothing is more beautiful than healthy skin.PC: Sephora Singapore

A not-so-gentle reminder that you should never rely on your makeup for SPF. As displayed by @ms_hannah_e on Instagram, you would need a LOT of makeup on your face to have enough sun protection. Read her full article to learn even more about your skin’s need for abundant SPF beyond your favorite CC cream.

PC: Hannah English on MamaMia​

Sunscreen doesn’t have to be something you see as a chore. It can be beautiful, fun, and sexy. Make your summer all of these things through ample protection, and don’t forget to share your sun favorites with us! We’ll be kicking off a new series this summer: Suncare Sunday, where we’ll be sharing your suncare favorites on Instagram!

Until then, have a great summer and don’t forget SPF!

Raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Michala is currently studying Integrated Public Relations and Advertising at the University of South Florida. Michala is passionate about her faith, coffee shop hopping, and the world of beauty. To see more of Michala's work, check out https://instagram.com/stepstoglow and https://stepstoglow.com
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.