This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Hi all! Welcome back, I hope everyone had a great summer! Per advice from a friend, I needed to revamp my beauty collection. In her defense, I’ve been using the same brands since high school and a singular brush to blend my entire face…I know, it was bad. I spent most of September scouring the internet, Sephora, and Ulta to find the products that would work best for me. More importantly, I got some more brushes so that I could figure out an actual makeup routine. So, with that, I have found some of my absolute favorites that I use for everyday or more glam looks.

Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush (Shade Encourage), $23

Selena Gomez is an actual icon when it comes to pop culture, as well as her incredibly popular makeup line coming into the light. I had never used blush before, but so many people (and TikTok of course) influenced me into looking into Rare Beauty. Her blush blends out seamlessly with a conveniently sized applicator. Bonus, there’s a little heart in the middle of each blush applicator! I use this every single day because it adds a vibrant pop of color. Also, her shade range is inclusive and so easy to blend out.

Real Techniques Everyday Essentials Brush Set, $19.99

Everyone knows Real Techniques from their famous beauty blender, but they have such versatility in their brush sets. They are top quality for an affordable price, as well as ensure your makeup isn’t caked onto your face. There are a wide range of brush sets, from basics to sets for makeup pros. I got one of the more basic sets, with brushes specifically for contour and blush since I definitely had to work on my application.

ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Concealer, $9

We are all searching for affordable products, but ColourPop combines affordable with functional. You can layer this concealer or make it more of a subtle coverup. I love how this concealer sits on my skin, and it never dries me out or makes me look oily. I have tried a few concealers, but with my combination skin this one definitely works the best. 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Setting Powder, $36

This is by far my favorite product. I got it in the shade ‘Banana’ which brightens my under eyes and makes sure I stay matte all day. During sorority recruitment, it made sure that my makeup didn’t budge while I was talking to PNMs and I even got compliments on how good it made my skin look. Rihanna’s makeup line is another that everyone has been raving about and it is definitely worth the hype. Her dual highlighters are also worth it and leave a perfect glow on the skin.

Hi ! My name is Jess and I'm a second year at USF Tampa studying criminology with a minor in intelligence studies. I love iced chais, anything crystal related, and writing advice articles!