Save Rock and Roll Arena Tour Ends at USF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Twenty-One Pilots, Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy took over a nearly full arena Sunday, Sept. 29. The show was their last on the Save Rock and Roll tour.

Twenty-One Pilots warmed up the audience for the acts to follow. The duo band members entered the stage in one-piece skeleton suits. It wasn’t until they played “House of Gold” that fans began to loosen up and dance on the ground floor.

Panic! at the Disco kicked off their performance with “Time to Dance”, a song from their first album. They introduced a few new songs from their upcoming album “Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!” The members of Fall Out Boy made a brief appearance during Panic!’s show by coming out in skin-tight black bodysuits during the new song “Miss Jackson”.

Fall Out Boy finished the concert with a long set list and a few surprises for the audience. They came out singing “The Phoenix” with the music video accompanying them on a screen above the stage. Halfway through the show Brendon Urie, the lead singer from Panic! at the Disco, came out singing a duet with Patrick Stump and at the end of the song the stage went dark. The band disappeared shortly, only to move to a smaller stage set up at the opposite side of the arena. Fall Out Boy played two songs on acoustic guitars and then left for the main stage again.

After thanking the audience for coming to the last night of their tour, Fall Out Boy ended the night with three encore songs.

Brittany is a senior at the University of South Florida, majoring in mass communications with a focus on magazine journalism. She is also pursuing a minor in creative writing. She's written for an online magazine, Reasons to be Beautiful. She enjoys reading, watching movies and hooked on tv shows. Her dream job would be to write for Entertainment Weekly or writing movie reviews while living in the U.K.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.