Recap: CreativeMornings in St. Petersburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Last Friday, I finally got the chance to go to Creative Mornings in St. Petersburg. For those of you who do not know what CM is, it is a creative community across the world offering a space for inspiration, networking, support and FREE breakfast once a month. Our St. Pete chapter is the perfect place for local artists and creatives to get together, and everyone is welcomed. This month’s location was at Station House, and wow it was beautiful, every corner was picture perfect.

Picture Courtesy of cm_stpete via Instagram

This month’s event happened to be their two-year anniversary, and it was definitely a celebration. The theme was Surrealism, and the guest speaker was Steven Peterman from The Sketchbook Project. He was funny and interesting, but most importantly he was real. He talked about his struggles getting the project off the ground, his personal journey through finding his purpose within the project, and the biggest “mistakes” he made (and continues to make) while working on this project. His kindness and honesty made the event so much more enjoyable.

Picture Courtesy of Leticia Ribeiro

The event is completely free, so they rely on partnerships from local businesses, donations, and volunteers. This month the breakfast was provided by Made Coffee, Mana Bakery, Grateful Bakes, and Wandering Whisk Bakeshop. They also had Wax & Hive collaborate on awesome merch. Plus, they had two awesome local talents: Gio’s Typos, who was selling free-style poetry; and Mouth Council, which is a group experience facilitated by Billy Mays III with spontaneous vocal-looping. It was so cool watching these super talented people work their magic live.

Picture Courtesy of cm_stpete via Instagram  

As if CreativeMornings could not get any better, they are a certified “Ocean-friendly & zero waste” event! How amazing is that? They had the cutest Mug Library where guests could check out a mug and use it for the morning. They also had reusable silverware and even a compost system on site provided by Suncoast Compost to collect leftovers. I was blown away by how much effort and attention to detail the whole team puts into this event. Not only are they making a difference for our environment, they are giving a safe space for the community.

Picture by Suncoastcompost on Instagram

I absolutely loved everything about this event, and I can’t wait to be a part of this amazing community. If you have not gone yet, I highly recommend. It is a perfect place to be, especially for those of us still in college wanting to network and learn from local experts from all over the area.

If anyone around Tampa/St. Pete would like to come with me on February 22nd, let’s go!

Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.