This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Agendas have been present in my life since elementary school. Now, they are a part of my holy grail school supply. Like it or not, agendas are a must have for organization, no matter what level of education you are in. They hold all your to-do lists, schedules, and ideas. These are the best tips to make the most of your agenda.

Photo courtesy of Entropia

First off, make sure you get an agenda that sets you up for success. One with lines to keep your notes tidy is perfect. It also gives you the ability to write down your ideas on a straight line with no worries. I never understood agendas made without lines to write on because then it is just like writing notes on a blank piece of paper. There is an extremely large margin for error without printed lines.

Photo courtesy of Gurl.com

Secondly, when shopping for your agenda, make sure that you like it. Agendas are valid for an entire calendar year; therefore, invest in one that you can enjoy using and abusing. Agendas can be bought all over the place at stores like Office Depot, Target, Staples, and online retailers like Amazon.

On the subject of making sure you pick the right agenda, we have to talk about size. The perk of a pocket size agenda is that you can slip it into any purse or bag; however, a larger full size agenda allows you to have more space to write.

Photo courtesy of Free Stuff Finder

On a final note, your agenda should be somewhere that you write absolutely everything. Every idea, errand, appointment, and thing you can think about should be written down. The beauty of it is being able to cross off your tasks every time you complete them.

The reason agendas have worked so well for so many years is through consistent usage. Bring it with you to class, to work, and to meetings. It keeps you up to date with your goals and is the key to success.

I am from Miami, Florida and in my senior year at the University of South Florida. I am a member of Delta Delta Delta international sorority. I work at a barre, yoga, cycle studio so you can always catch me exercising in one way or another! I love Her Campus because it grants me the freedom to write about what I am passionate about.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.