November Movie Premieres

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

November is the time to celebrate Thanksgiving and go to the movies… a lot. This month the big screens will be busy with movies premiering every weekend. Here are a few worth going to see.

Ender’s Game –Nov. 1

The human race is in danger of an alien attack in this sci-fi movie. Children are trained at a battle school in orbit around the earth. They are the earth’s hope of never having to fight the aliens again. The International Military recruit Ender (Asa Butterfield), a promising young candidate, to lead fellow soldiers into battle. As a result of being separated from his family for to attend the school, Ender fights to save his home planet.

About Time –Nov. 8

Perfect for romantic-comedy fans, “About Time” is similar to “The Time Traveler’s Wife” but with a different twist. At the age of 21, Tim (Domhnall Gleeson) finds out from his father that he has the family gift: he can travel in time. Tim can fix old mistakes or see what his life has in store for him. When he meets Mary (Rachel McAdams) their first encounter doesn’t go so smoothly. Tim uses his gift to edit his past, but finds it more difficult than he thought to get the girl of his dreams.

Thor: The Dark World  –Nov. 8

Thor’s world, Asgard, has been invaded by an enemy even his father, Odin, can’t defeat. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) recruits his imprisoned brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), to help fight Malekith. Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) gets tangled in the battle and Thor is in danger of sacrificing something he holds dearly to save everyone.

The Book Thief –Nov. 8

“The Book Thief” tells the story of young Liesel Meminger (Sophie Nelisse), an orphan adopted by two Germans during World War II. Liesel takes solace in stealing books and sharing them with others while hiding during bomb threats. Her adopted parents keep a Jew in their basement for refuge, nursing him back to health.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire –Nov. 22

Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) lands herself on the Capitol’s enemy list after sparking a revolution when she won the 74th Hunger Game. In a surprise twist, the Capitol enters past winners in the next Game. Katniss and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) find themselves yet again facing the Hunger Games in a new arena. While they’re in the game, a rebellion grows wilder in the districts to overthrow the Capitol.

PHOTO SOURCE:

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/wal…

Brittany is a senior at the University of South Florida, majoring in mass communications with a focus on magazine journalism. She is also pursuing a minor in creative writing. She's written for an online magazine, Reasons to be Beautiful. She enjoys reading, watching movies and hooked on tv shows. Her dream job would be to write for Entertainment Weekly or writing movie reviews while living in the U.K.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.