felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

My Target Picks for the Perfect Boho Bedroom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

The best part about starting off the school year is, by far, decorating your space. Whether you’re on campus or finally in that amazing, off-campus space, there’s always room to make the space your own. My roommates and I have probably watched one too many Fixer Upper episodes, so our entire apartment is thoughtfully decorated with rustic-farmhouse decor. Each of our rooms, though, are completely our own. If you love the rustic-boho style as much as I do, Target is your best friend. Get your red shopping cart ready; here are my favorite boho picks from Target.

Photo courtesy Target

Round Decorative Wall Mirror Brass by Project 62– This mirror is everything. Because my bathroom has a mirror, I decided to use this mainly as decor. This easy-to-hang mirror adds so much dimension to my bedroom, and it’s the first thing everyone notices when they walk in the room. The brass rim is the perfect way to add a little touch of color while still sticking to neutrals. Modern yet perfectly blended with the boho aesthetic, this mirror is the first thing you need to add to your bedroom for the perfect touch.

Photo courtesy Target

Hudson Industrial Desk Lamp by Threshold– My lamp is possibly my favorite thing about my entire room. I fell in love as soon as I saw it. It’s my rustic-boho dream come true! This lamp is large enough to provide a lot of light but small enough to fit well on a nightstand or desk. I paired mine with an energy-efficient Edison bulb, and it illuminates my room with a warm, soft glow I love. Lampshades are so outdated, so add this beautiful, rustic lamp to your space for those late nights studying.

Photo courtesy Target

Looped Stripe Oversize Lumbar Throw Pillow by Opalhouse– I was really adamant about wanting a purely neutral bedroom. Freshman year, my bedroom had as much pink as a five-year-old’s. Thankfully, my mom picked out this muted pink throw pillow, and it adds the perfect pop of color my room needed. Opalhouse is my go-to for boho décor because they always have a ton of chic options. The finishing details of fringe complete the look and pair well with my millions of other fringed things, so I’d say it’s a keeper.

Photo courtesy Target

Textured Diamond Shag Bath Rug Cream by Opalhouse– Another Opalhouse favorite, this bath rug perfectly finished my bathroom. I wanted a simple bath rug, but still wanted a bit of style. The diamond pattern and slightly off-white color is perfect for any neutral-based room, and it’s extremely soft for that fresh out of the shower greeting. I really believe even the smallest touches, like a bath rug, make all the difference in a space and a home.

Photo courtesy Michala Jackson

It’s pretty clear I love gold and neutrals, and they’re absolutely crucial for the perfect boho room! Target is right by our campus, so get your roommates and go wild. My final tip: don’t forget Bullseye’s Playground for super cheap boho and farmhouse-chic decor!

Raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Michala is currently studying Integrated Public Relations and Advertising at the University of South Florida. Michala is passionate about her faith, coffee shop hopping, and the world of beauty. To see more of Michala's work, check out https://instagram.com/stepstoglow and https://stepstoglow.com
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.