This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

While it is always important to find time to relax, it is especially important to prioritize self-care after exam season. When I say, “exam season”, I’m referring to two or three weeks at the end of the term when we are feeling extremely overwhelmed by final exams, essays, and projects.

One of my favorite ways to de-stress my brain after exam season is to put on a comfort show. Personally, my comfort shows are typically comedic and easygoing. I can sit back, relax, eat, and give my brain a break from analyzing literature for a bit. 

Here are my top 5 comfort shows!

Bob’s Burgers

One of my absolute go-to shows when I’m feeling stressed! I’ve been watching this show since high school and it hasn’t failed to make me laugh. The fun storylines and easy-going nature of the characters make for a great comfort show. There’s something comforting about the Belcher family. You can watch this show primarily through Hulu or cable!

Modern Family

This is one of the first shows I remember watching with my family, which may be why I find it so comforting! This close-knit family manages to create a sweet and amusing atmosphere while reflecting the tensions that can arise. Though there are 11 main characters, each one brings a unique personality and story to the show. Overall, Modern Family is just one of my favorite shows of all time! You can find this sitcom on Hulu.

Parks and Rec
April and Andy Parks and Recreation
NBC

I’m sure many others would also consider this their comfort show! There are so many things to love about Parks and Rec, especially the vibrant characters. I also have a deep appreciation for Leslie Knope; her kindness, goodwill, and perseverance are very inspiring and comforting to watch. I believe Peacock offers Parks and Rec.

Kitchen Nightmares

I’m not sure either. It is difficult to explain why I can de-stress while watching Hell’s Kitchen. I remember during my freshman year, after flunking my final chemistry exam, tuning in to watch Gordan Ramsey. There is something satisfying about watching Gordon Ramsey yell at irresponsible restaurant owners and transform the establishments. It is also relaxing knowing that you don’t have to deal with the same stresses as these poor restaurant owners. I’ve watched this show on Hulu as well!

New Girl

I’ve saved my favorite comfort show for last. I’ve recommended this show countless times, and for good reason. There is never a dull moment in any episode as it is filled with antics from its characters. No matter how many times I’ve rewatched this show, it will never fail to make me laugh. Schmidt, Winston, and Nick Miller are some of my favorite male tv characters; their interactions are amusing, yet wholesome at moments. I only have good things to say about this show! You can watch it on Netflix.

Most of these shows have 30-min episodes, which doesn’t take too much time to get through! If you need a break and need to decompress your brain, an episode or two from one of these shows should help!

Hello! My name is Rachel and my pronouns are she/her. I am an English student at the University of South Florida who loves to write and talk about fashion, art, and wellness! I am an avid Swiftie, boyband listener, foodie, and reader.