This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Fall is definitely my favorite time of the year, even though it may be a little later in the year (or non-existent) for Floridians. It’s my favorite because there is such much freedom in choosing an outfit for the day. Plus, the weather is much cooler, which I love. I could wear a sweater, and it won’t be too hot, but I can also wear shorts or a dress if I want and not be too cold. Here are my favorite accessories perfect for any fall outfit. 

Fun Socks

I have been obsessed with wearing fun and decorative socks ever since last fall. They are a great way to show off your personality in your fall outfits, and they also keep you warm and cozy! Some fun socks are also great for adding a pop of color to an outfit. The ones in the picture above are all from rockemsocks.com.

Doc Martens/Black Boots

A pair of black boots are an essential for fall. They can spice up an outfit by dressing it down like the Dr. Martens I have on in the picture, or they can make an outfit dressier if the boots have heels.

Braids

Okay, so I know braids are not really a typical “style” piece, but I will count it anyways because they are my favorite during the fall time. Braids can make a simple sweater and leggings look so much cuter. My favorite go to braids are a French braid, like shown in the picture, a fishtail braid, or box braids. If you are like me and can’t braid your own hair very nicely, get your sister or friend to do it for you.

Scrunchies

Last but not least, another one of my favorite style essentials are scrunchies, a popular trend right now. They are a nice accessory to match any colors in your outfit or add a pop of color. The scrunchies that are shown in the picture are from brooklynandbaileyshop.com.

I am a Senior at the University of South Florida majoring in Communication and on a pre-med track. I love Taylor Swift, going to concerts, and all things Disney.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.